makecsd - Creates a CSD file from the specified input files. .
Creates a CSD file from the specified input files. The first input file
that has a .orc extension (case is not significant) is put to the
<CsInstruments> section, and the first input file that has a .sco
extension becomes <CsScore>. Any remaining files are Base64 encoded and
added as <CsFileB> tags. An empty <CsOptions> section is always added.
Some text filtering is performed on the orchestra and score file:
· newlines are converted to the native format of the system on which
makecsd is being run.
· blank lines are removed from the beginning and end of files.
· any trailing whitespace is removed from the end of lines.
· optionally, tabs can be expanded to spaces with an user specified
makecsd [OPTIONS ... ] infile1 [ infile2 [ ... ]]
· - t n = expand tabs to spaces using tabstop size n (default:
disabled). This applies only to the orchestra and score file.
· - w n = set Base64 line width to n (default: 72). Note: the
orchestra and score are not wrapped.
· - o fname = output file name (default: stdout)
makecsd -t 6 -w 78 -o file.csd file.mid file.orc file.sco sample.aif
This creates a CSD from file.orc and file.sco (tabs are expanded to
spaces assuming a tabstop size of 6 characters), and file.mid and
sample.aif are added as <CsFileB> tags containing Base64 encoded data
with a line width of 78 characters. The output file is file.csd.
Author: Istvan Varga
MIT Media Lab
MIT Media Lab,