gdaltindex - gdaltindex builds a shapefile as a raster tileindex
gdaltindex [-tileindex field_name] [-write_absolute_path] [-skip_different_projection] index_file [gdal_file]*
This program builds a shapefile with a record for each input raster
file, an attribute containing the filename, and a polygon geometry
outlining the raster. This output is suitable for use with UMN
MapServer as a raster tileindex.
· The shapefile (index_file) will be created if it doesn’t already
exist, otherwise it will append to the existing file.
· The default tile index field is ’location’.
· Raster filenames will be put in the file exactly as they are
specified on the commandline unless the option -write_absolute_path
· If -skip_different_projection is specified, only files with same
projection ref as files already inserted in the tileindex will be
· Simple rectangular polygons are generated in the same coordinate
system as the rasters.
gdaltindex doq_index.shp doq/*.tif
Frank Warmerdam <firstname.lastname@example.org>