cvschangelogbuilder — build cvs ChangeLogs and cvs html reports
cvschangelogbuilder -output=outputmode [-m=module -d=repository]
[-b=branch] [-tagstart=tagname] [-tagend=tagname] [-ssh]
[-rlogfile=rlogfile] [-keeprlogfile] [-dir=dirname]
[-viewcvsurl=viewcvsurl] [-ignore=file/dir] [-only=file/dir]
[-includeheader=file] [-allowindex] [-debug=x]
cvschangelogbuilder generates advanced ChangeLog/Report files for
Where outputmode is:
· listdeltabydate To get a changelog between 2 versions,
sorted by date
· listdeltabylog To get a changelog between 2 versions,
sorted by log
· listdeltabyfile To get a changelog between 2 versions,
sorted by file
· listdeltaforrpm To get a changelog between 2 versions
for rpm spec files
· buildhtmlreport To build an html report
Note that "between 2 versions" means (depends on
· from start to a tagged version (version changes
· from a tagged version (excluded) to another tagged
· or from a tagged version until now (version changes
You can also add extra parameters when output=buildhtmlreport
by adding them after a colon and separated by a comma, like
this: -output=buildhtmlreport:param1,param2 This is extra
paremeters available for -output=buildhtmlreport mode:
· nosummary To remove summary part
· nolinesofcode To remove lines of code part
· nodevelopers To remove developers part
· nodaysofweek To remove days of week part
· nohours To remove hours part
· notags To remove tags part
· nolastlogs To remove last logs part
· nolimit To not limit last logs to last 200
· sortbyrevision To sort last logs by revision
· includediff To include diff inside report page
· loosecommits To separate commits for same log by
The ’module’ and ’repository’ are the CVS module name and the
CVS repository. If current directory is the root of a CVS
project built from a cvs checkout, cvschangelogbuilder will
retreive module and repository value automatically. If no
local copy of repository are available or to force other
· -m=module To force value of module name
· -d=repository To force value of CVSROOT
To work on another branch than the default branch.
To specify start tag version.
To specify end tag version.
-ssh To run CVS through ssh (this set env var CVS_RSH="ssh").
If an up-to-date log file already exists localy, you can use
this option to avoid log download, for a faster result.
Once process is finished, you can ask to not remove the
downloaded log file.
Output is built in directory dirname.
File’s revisions in reports built by buildhtmlreport output
are links to "viewcvs". String ’__MODULE__’ will be replaced
by name of CVS module.
To exclude a file/dir off report.
To have reports only on file/dir that match.
To add content of a file after body tag.
To allow meta tag index (noindex by default).
-debug=x To output on stderr some debug info with level x.
This manual page was written by Adriaan Peeters firstname.lastname@example.org
for the Debian system (but may be used by others). It is based on the
help output of cvschangelogbuilder. Permission is granted to copy,
distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU
General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the
Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover
Texts and no Back-Cover Texts.